BRSC ADULT AMATEUR LEAGUE:
OVERVIEW AND EQUIPMENT LIST
Seven (7) leagues currently comprise the Baton Rouge Soccer Club (BRSC) adult amateur roster:
- Coed Open (men and women 16+)
- Coed Over-30 (men and women 30+)
- Men’s Open (men 16+)
- Men’s Over-30 (men 30+)
- Women’s Open (women 16+)
- Women’s Over-30 (women 30+)
- Over-40 (men and women 40+)
The 2 Coed leagues play winter and summer seasons. The other five leagues play spring and fall season. In any given season, you may join a single team in as many of the leagues for which you qualify by gender and age. For example, a 45-year-old man may play Men’s Open, Men’s Over-30, and Over-40. A 35-year-old woman may play Women’s Open and Women’s Over-30. The Over-40 league is primarily a male league, but there is no gender restriction and women do play in this league. This league plays shorter halves on smaller fields with no referees.
Slide tackling is not allowed in the over 30 or over 40 leagues. All leagues except over 40 play 90-minute games on full-sized soccer fields.
New players who do not have a team at the time of registration will be assigned to a team prior to the start of the season. The team rep should contact that player regarding the player pass and other team-related information.
- Player Pass—a laminated player pass is required for each team you play on, except for your over-40 team.
A driver’s license-sized recent photograph of your face is required. No pass…no play.
- Shin guards
- Socks that cover shin guards
- Soccer cleats or turf shoes (can be purchased at Third Coast Soccer, Academy, other sporting goods stores)
- Jersey with a permanent number (team specific; contact your team rep)
- Shorts or pants
- Goalkeeper gloves (goalkeepers only)
- Goalkeeper jersey (goalkeepers only; can be a shirt that is easily distinguished from the team jersey)
- #5 Soccer ball
- Topical Analgesic (Icy Hot, BioFreeze, etc.)
- Anti-Inflammatory (Tylenol, Aleve, etc.)
- Ziplock bag (for icing bruises, sprains, strains, etc.)
- Energy supplements (PowerGel, Gu, AccelGet, etc.)